Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Favorite Early Reader Books

My daughter loved listening to early reader books when she was one and two years old.  Now that she is five and getting closer to reading on her own, many of the early readers are boring for her.  However we did find one series that is funny and entertaining.

If you haven't read Mo Willems then I highly recommend you go and pick out some of his books right away.  If you are looking for early reading books his Cat the Cat series is really good.  I like them because the print is nice and large, and easy for young children to focus on.  The verse is repetitive so the reader gets lots of practice, and best of all the story is funny.  My daughter was telling all of our family about the books because she enjoyed them so much.


*Disclosure: This is my own unsolicited opinion freely given.  I was not given anything to write this post, but if you do purchase anything from Amazon.com by clicking on the images above, I will receive a small referral fee.

No comments: