Monday, April 9, 2012

Free MP3 Audio Books For Kids

Browsing the web one day, I discovered that one of my favorite children's book authors, Robert Munsch, offers all his stories, told by him, in mp3 format, for download on his website.  At first I didn't know what I could do with the files, but when we were planning a long road trip I knew they would be perfect for the car.   Both my girls loved them.  Phrases from many of his stories have become part of our every day speech.

For instance we do not call Sharpie markers Sharpies. We call them super-indelible-never-come-off-till-your-dead-maybe-even-later markers, from the book Purple, Green and Yellow.  Whenever we are looking for matching socks we say, "Socks, socks, wonderful socks.  I'm never, ever going to take them off," from Smelly Socks.

The stories are silly and irreverent which makes them so entertaining.  Do you know of any good sources for downloading free children's stories?

No comments: